215 Calories per serving (12 servings), 19g protein, 9g fat, 13g carbs, 857mg sodium, 118mg cholesterol
- 1/2lb turkey sausage
- 1 teaspoon caonla oil
- 3 medium yukon gold or red potatoes, peeled, quartered, thinly sliced
- 5 large eggs
- 7 large eggs
- 1 pint 1% cottage cheese
- 4oz sharp cheddar, grated (1 1/4 cups)
- 2oz Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 2 4oz cans green chilies, drained, chopped
- 1/3 cup all purpose white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. coat 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray
- in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink, breaking up with a wooden spoon, transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- wipe the skillet clean and add oil, heat over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and saute until tender and browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites. Ass cottage cheese, cheddar and Parmesan cheese, chillies, flour, baking powder, S&P. Mix thoroughly. Add cooked sausage and potatoes, mix well.
- Pour into dish, bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden on top and set in the center